This page last modified:
December 10, 2018 at 11:10 am
What is Podcasting?
Podcasting is making a digital audio file available so it can be listened to on demand. A podcast is usually a run of episodes that are uploaded consecutively known as a podcast series. They can be made up of recorded audio and music specifically designed for the Podcast, or of previous On Air shows. Often podcasts are very niche and can be on any possible topic you could think of, however fundamentally possess an ongoing theme just like a regular radio program.
How do I access Podcasts?
You can easily access Podcasts through your smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer. All you need is an application (App) to do so, Apple iPhones will automatically come with a podcast application which is very easily navigated by a simple search.
Other Podcast Apps for Apple iPhone and Tablets
- Overcast: Podcast Player (Free)
- Pocket Casts ($3.99)
- Downcast ($2.99)
- iCatcher! Podcast Player ($2.99)
- Pod Wrangler (Free)
Podcast Apps for Android Smartphones and Tablets
- RSS Demon News and Podcast Reader (Free)
- Podkicker ($1.99)
- Podcast and Radio Addict (Free)
- Castbox (Free)
- Doggcatcher Podcats Player ($2.99)
Free Apps will function perfectly well however may be interrupted by advertisements. Apps that cost may perform extra functions and in general be more user friendly.
On Laptops and desktop Computers.
iTunes is generally the easiest and most popular for laptops or computers. It can be downloaded for free off the internet.
Why should I use it?
- Its global and accessible and an incredibly rich source of information.
- You can listen in your own time. In the car, in transit, at the gym, whenever you have free time.
- All Podcasts are free (considering you use a free App)
- It is an incredible source of information. Whatever you’re into there’s a podcast on it. And if there isn’t, start one!
- And for content creators its very easy, affordable and accessible.
Why not begin your Podcasting adventure by listening to one of the 3MBS podcasts? Enjoy our wonderful programs at your leisure.