3MBS Made in Melbourne
Become a Made in Melbourne Giving Circle Donor Today
At 3MBS, we have increasingly developed new ways to deliver classical music that extend beyond our traditional broadcasting. The station prides itself in supporting local musicians by providing performance opportunities, nurturing their professional development and showcasing their musical talents to a broad demographic of classical music lovers. In addition, it allows the music community to come together, share in these experiences, and connect with like-minded people.
Made in Melbourne (MIM) is a new annual program of live events showcasing some of Victoria’s finest classical artists. This events portfolio will support Melbourne musicians through a calendar of diverse and bespoke performances and encourage a greater connection with you, our dear music community, with music that you want to hear performed. MIM aims to engage artists of all ages and stages of their musical careers, showcase past and present Australian composers, produce programs that embrace diversity and access, and explore and challenge ideas to advance audiences’ understanding of classical music repertoire and programming.
Why your support matters now.
The impact of MIM is far-reaching. This new program will:
- Offer employment opportunities to Victorian artists, provide community-oriented initiatives for music lovers and connect with others who are passionate about classical music.
- Present a bold new artistic direction for the station in producing more innovative classical music events for audiences.
- Enable 3MBS to produce an increased number of curated live events in 2023 that will target specific audiences.
- Allow 3MBS to present an increased number of innovative on-air/online content activities, such as music-related interviews and special broadcast presentations.
- Allow performances to be streamed, attracting new national digital audiences and reaching regional and remote communities.
Most importantly, MIM is about bringing audiences together. It is about acknowledging the human connection through shared music experiences. All these events will provide you with the opportunity to connect with others and allow the 3MBS community to thrive.
The 2023 Made in Melbourne program will include:
- 2023 Marathon TOGETHER – Melbourne Recital Centre, Saturday 11 February.
- 3MBS Art Series – Villa Alba, 25 & 26 February: performance paired with art and collector’s talk.
- Music, She Wrote – Chapter House 29-31 March: festival featuring the music of women composers over the ages.
- Classically Kids – Abbotsford Convent, 25 January, 12 & 19 April: a fun-filled interactive classical music experience for our youngest music enthusiasts.
- Elena Kats-Chernin AO Recital Series – Good Shepherd Chapel, Abbotsford, 14-17 May: celebrating the music of Australian composer Elena Kats-Chernin AO to mark her 65th birthday.
- Winter Warmers – Abbotsford Convent, June/ July/August: ‘salon’ style recital with wine tasting.
- English Music Festival – Auburn Uniting Church, Hawthorn, 26-27 August
You can help to bring more unique classical music experiences to Victorians in 2023.
You can make a donation at any time this year and help us produce this dynamic lineup of events. Donations of $100 and above will be acknowledged on the 3MBS website and in the live event printed programs.
Made in Melbourne brings artists and audiences together and celebrates Melbourne’s enduring musical creativity.
We would like to thank the following Made in Melbourne Giving Circle Donors for their support:
Keith & Corry Adams
Luisa Banks & Eugene Antczak
Andrew & Bronwen Cavallo
Robert Gibbs & Tony Wildman
Stuart Hamilton AO
Peter and Lyndsey Hawkins
Adrian McEniery & Anne Frankenberg
Ann Miller AM
Susan Morgan OAM
Sharon Nathani & Michael Cowen
Lady Primrose Potter AC
Prof John Rickard
John E Smith
Lady Marigold Southey AC
John Waters & Dr Julie Waters
Dr Victor Wayne & Dr Karen Wayne OAM
Amy & David Zeplin