3MBS is hiring
This page last modified:
June 14, 2018 at 12:21 pm
It’s an exciting time to join 3MBS!
3MBS is seeking a Technical Manager. The role of the Technical Manager is to help develop and implement 3MBS’ technical strategic plan by managing all operational requirements and technical capabilities to broadcast 24 hours a day continuously, both now and in the future. Reporting directly to the General Manager the role will be responsible for project managing major technical upgrades along with the day to day maintenance of all studio and broadcasting systems and equipment. The Technical Manager will be expected to collaborate with and manage a small team of technicians, including the broadcast manager and the technical volunteers and will be an active member of the 3MBS Technical Committee. Excellent communication and team building skills are essential.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Technical Manager’s role is to:
* Oversee and/or perform all IT support, including network administration and maintenance, hardware and software support, software development, audio streaming support and website administration.
* Oversee the broadcasting operations in conjunction with the Broadcasting Manager, including music scheduling and play out systems.
* Research best practice solutions in the marketplace in consultation with the Board of Management’s Technical Sub Committee and develop recommendations for consideration by the committee.
* Implement the 3MBS Technical Strategic Plan to meet the station’s current and future technical needs.
* Project manage major technical upgrades and ensure there are no interruptions to services.
* Lead the Technical team (IT, Broadcasting Manager, Contract Broadcasting Engineer and volunteer technicians) and ensure communications are regular and productive.
* Prepare all impacted staff for major upgrades and the introduction of new equipment, including communicating changed responsibilities, clearly documenting new processes, procedures and updating technical manuals.
* Co-ordinate the technical aspects of Outside Broadcasts in conjunction with the Broadcast Manager.
* Maintain or arrange to maintain all studio and broadcast systems and equipment, including locating and repairing faults swiftly in the studio and other audio/visual equipment.
* Maintain or arrange to maintain the facilities infrastructure, for example, phones and security systems.
* Provide hands-on support as required, for example, be on call for unexpected outages or provide help desk support for staff and volunteers as required.
Click here for full job description: 3MBS_Technical Manager_Position Description _2018
Applications close on Wednesday 20 June 2018. Enquiries can be directed to General Manager, Gail Southwell on 03 9416 1035 or email@example.com